Zero Trust has emerged as an essential approach for organizing enterprise-wide cybersecurity. Perimeter-focused security can fail disastrously because it’s often set up to default to the high trust levels once acceptable within internally controlled networks. Today, with edgeless enterprises spanning public and private clouds, work-from-anywhere, and complex supply chain alliances, a Zero Trust approach is essential for an effective defense.
Readers of this white paper learn how device visibility is an essential element of any successful Zero Trust strategy. The paper begins with an analysis of Forrester’s Zero Trust eXtended Ecosystem (ZTX) model, which helps security teams:
- Apply the principles of network isolation, segmentation and security
- Enable data categorization, isolation, encryption and control
- Authenticate users of network and infrastructure resources while securing those resources
- Protect workload stacks in public and private clouds
- Automate and orchestrate controls and processes across heterogeneous environments
- Provide visibility and analysis to secure every element through an extended enterprise