- The coming together of both organizations marks the next evolution of networking and security as a service to the customers.
- VMware SASE’s capabilities and MetTel’s extensive expertise will help manage network services and provide organizations with a solution for the future, with security, speed, simplicity, and savings.
MetTel, a digital transformation and communications leader, and VMware, a leading innovator in enterprise software, announced that the former would present its customers a managed secure access service edge (SASE) solution under the VMware SASE. The solution aims to help IT organizations deliver cloud-based security, networking and edge compute services for the applications running at the edge efficiently.
“Supporting modern enterprise applications requires a new way of thinking about how they are delivered and secured. What worked for apps running on a private or public cloud won’t work out at the edge,” said Craig Connors, Vice President and General Manager of VMware’s SASE business. “Pairing VMware SASE’s capabilities with MetTel’s extensive expertise in fully managed network services will give organizations a solution built for the future, with security, speed, simplicity, and savings in mind.”
“MetTel is excited to expand our relationship with VMware to bring the next evolution of networking and security as a service to our client base,” said MetTel CTO Ed Fox. “Together, we have been successful in delivering the next generation of WAN services to our customers over the past several years. Now we are working together to extend those services to the expanding edge and individual users wherever they work, providing our largest clients with the ability to transform the way they work and engage with their customers.”
More and more IT technicians are increasingly looking forward to implementing operationally efficient solutions that provide customers in the branch, home, and remote locations with more secure, reliable, consistent access to applications and services. MetTel’s newly-launched solution will provide VMware Secure Access Service Edge, which offers an integrated architecture to simplify the process of managing security, networking, and edge compute services.
The comprehensive cloud-delivered SASE solution from VMware presents the following:
- Network performance, reliability, and operational benefits of SD-WAN
- Integrated security services delivered from the cloud that better protect the evolving enterprise perimeter
- The ability to support modern distributed applications, all of which will benefit from Artificial Intelligence (AI) for IT operations, or AIOps, for faster problem resolution
These features are delivered as a service from a global network of over 150 points of presence (PoPs) deployed by VMware and its SASE service provider partners.
Adding VMware SASE to MetTel’s portfolio of managed network services will provide:
- A cloud-native, single integrated architecture for networking, security, and edge computing services
- Defined and managed business policies using a single interface
- Complete transparency and advanced analytics and intelligence on application performance from the client to the cloud destination
- Industry-leading, fully managed SASE solution and world-class customer experience
As a SASE pioneer, VMware deploys and supports a huge global footprint of PoPs that effortlessly deliver scalable cloud-based networking and security services. MetTel, a long-standing VMware partner, has been named a two-time Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for Managed Network Services. The company offers a broad portfolio of industry-leading managed services for advanced networking and voice capabilities that connect and scale enterprise business applications.
MetTel is in charge of VMware partner-managed web gateways and manages its global network with data center resources in Montreal, Calgary, Toronto, Mexico City, Madrid, London, Mumbai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Sydney. It also plans to expand this year. This solution will act as an addition to MetTel’s network of physical and virtual data centers around the US, including Ashburn, VA; Atlanta, GA; Denver, CO; Dallas, TX; Santa Clara and San Jose, CA; Seattle, WA; New York City and Chicago, IL.
VMware and MetTel will collaborate to harness their respective IT resources and Gartner Magic Quadrant-leading capabilities to expand the power and reach of both businesses’ networks and technologies globally.