- Confluera launched a cloud eXtended Detection and Response (CxDR) Solution.
- The solution helps to mitigate threat analytics, threat detection, and cloud security.
A leading provider of next-generation cloud detection and response, Confluera, announced the launch of the company’s Cloud eXtended Detection and Response (CxDR) solution for protecting cloud-native environments from modern threats.
CxDR from Confluera reflects on the next-generation detection and response solution as a SaaS (Software as a Solution) and is also purpose-built to address the unique threats in the cloud.
The CxDR solution by Confluera company holds together the best security capabilities from the otherwise siloed category of solutions, threat analytics, threat detection, and cloud security. The layered solution consists of Confluera’s proven signal analytics from multiple sources such as APIs (Application Programming Interface), third-party intelligence, and Confluera’s patented real time threat storyboarding capability.
Confluera’s CxDR solution can cut the time it takes to detect and mitigate advanced attacks in the sector from months to hours, lowering the requirement for highly experienced cybersecurity experts.
According to Confluera’s CxDR, the following are several key features and capabilities needed to combat today’s modern threats, including:
- Real time threat storyboarding– Threat storyboarding is frequently thought of as a post-breach process for putting together a chain of events to understand how a breach was conducted and what assets were affected.
Acting on the findings of the post-breach investigation is insufficient. Confluera’s threat storyboarding is designed to be real time so that companies have enough time to stop an assault before it does damage.
- Decrease in false positives– Security analysts are now investigating far too many alerts, most of which are false positives. As the attack unfolds, Confluera stitches together the entire cyberattack sequence of events in real time. The risk assessment is carried out during the attacker’s complete chain of events. This automated output considerably minimizes “noise” and boosts the security team’s capacity and efficiency.
- Protection against cloud-native threats– The cloud’s advantages are accompanied by new security concerns. The cloud has a far larger attack surface, and the cloud’s nature limits analyst visibility, leading to more severe effects. Confluera was created in the cloud to meet the cloud’s specific issues.
Jack Roehrig, Chief Information Security Officer at Turnitin, said: “Navigating the modern threat landscape requires a modern approach to cloud security. With rapid detection and response built on cloud-native architecture, Confluera gives us confidence that we can mitigate cyberattacks before they can do any harm.”
John Morgan, CEO of Confluera, commented: “Despite the recent innovations in the detection and response industry, organizations continue to play catch up to protect themselves against modern cloud cyberthreats. With Confluera CxDR, we are evolving cloud security beyond other solutions today, providing organizations the intelligence, accuracy, and context – all in real-time – to stop threats.”
Christopher Steffen, Research Director – Information Security at EMA (Enterprise Management Associate), said: “The cybersecurity market has evolved in a very siloed manner, and threat detection functions have often been pushed out to the edge of the network mimicking legacy perimeter security models.”
Steffen further added: “Recent detection and response categories offer enhanced capabilities but continue to evolve isolated from other solutions. This is where CxDR comes into play. By providing extended detection and response in the cloud, enterprises seeking cyber-attack mitigation will now have the ability to quickly and accurately detect modern cloud cyberattacks. Confluera is leading the charge in this market, allowing their customers to have sufficient time, and forewarning to keep attacks at bay within the cloud.”