Zscaler, Inc., the cloud security leader, has introduced a Zscaler Cloud Protection. It turned out to be a comprehensive portfolio that simplifies and automates protection for workloads on and between any cloud platform.
The program minimizes attack surfaces and globally automates enforced security policies across organizations’ multi-cloud footprint. This extends a cloud workload zero-trust strategy, providing the same high performance and reliability that more than 4,500 Zscaler customers trust to safeguard private applications and internet access.
The Zscaler Cloud Protection’s four components make organizations tighten security while digital transformation in the cloud continues to accelerate:
- Continuously maintain safe cloud platform configuration and compliance
- Eliminating lateral threat movement with micro-segmentation based on identity
- App-to-app connectivity needs to be simplified and secure within and across clouds
- Cloud applications need to be accessed securely without exposing them to the internet
Zscaler Cloud Protection supports customers to accelerate their cloud strategies with confidence by eliminating the concerns needed to deal with an organization’s attack surface and global policies across multiple clouds.
“Hub International has embraced a cloud-first strategy to drive aggressive growth,” said Jeremy Embalabala, Vice President, Information Security at HUB International. “Zscaler Cloud Protection helps us deliver security and compliance across our growing, multi-cloud environments. Continuous assurance and automation ensure that we are always aware of our security posture, regardless of how fast things change.”
With analysts expecting over 65% growth in the next two years, the consumer shift to the cloud is accelerating. Yet, through vulnerable legacy systems and minimal operational best practices, cloud advantages are undermined.
With more than 90% of companies exposing cloud resources inappropriately and less than 10% compliant with poor security hygiene, regulatory frameworks and exposed attack surfaces continue to plague cloud environments for businesses. Zscaler’s ThreatLabZ, which mines data from the world’s largest security cloud, discovered the following issues with cloud security measures for businesses:
- Lacking in fundamental platform security with 63% not using multi-factor authentication, 92% not logging events sufficiently for forensic investigation, and 78% not disabling public access of cloud storage
- Network security groups are permissive, with 26% of management interfaces being publicly exposed and 5% of all workloads open to the internet
- With 87% of permitted network paths never used in broad segments, accessible, flat networks unnecessarily expose organizations to lateral threat movement.
Zscaler Cloud Protection is capable of identifying and automatically resolving these issues, as well as the huge majority of other public cloud security challenges. Zscaler leverages automation, understandable business-level rules, and least privilege access to deliver a 90% decrease in security policies and 30% or more cost reductions than migrating legacy data center security to the cloud.
“The cloud continues to accelerate digital transformation in every industry, but legacy security paired with cloud speed and agility have dramatically increased risk resulting in far too many security exposures,” said Rich Campagna, Senior Vice President, Cloud Protection at Zscaler. “The same zero trust principles that allowed Zscaler to revolutionize secure access for users with our platform will transform protection for cloud workloads, tightening security while reducing cost and complexity.”