- Telestax announced the implementation of SMS within the Microsoft Teams business communication platform.
- The new launch is a part of the Telestax Message Exchange application.
- The application allows Microsoft Teams users to send and receive SMS messages within the application by eliminating the need to use a third-party application or personal cell phone.
Telestax introduces SMS for Microsoft Teams
Telestax is a leading provider of Communication Platform as a Service (CPaaS). The company recently announced the implementation of SMS within the Microsoft Teams business communication platform.
This new launch is a part of the Telestax Message Exchange application. The application is designed to exchange SMS communications from within widespread Unified Communication as a Service (UCaaS) or collaboration platforms.
Telestax Message Exchange application
Telestax Message Exchange application allows Microsoft Teams users to send and receive SMS messages within the application, thus, eradicating the need to use a third-party application or personal cell phone.
The result enhanced the communications with partners, consumers, and internal employees with an extra layer of security and accountability, coupled with maintaining communications within a single platform.
Unified communication platform
Microsoft Teams is a unified communications platform that serves over 115 million daily active users and combines application integrations, persistent workplace chat, file storage, and video meetings. As the number continues to grow, Telestax remains focused on assisting communication service providers in facilitating connections via SMS enablement for their enterprise consumers.
Kevin Nethercott, Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) at Telestax, commented: “Microsoft Teams is the way in which millions of users connect, collaborate and create.”
He further added, “SMS enablement through Telestax has expanded the options for Teams users by offering another way to reach their intended audience. In fact, it has been the single biggest request from our US communications partners whose business customers have been challenged to deliver better engagement via their users’ preferred method of communication.”
Telestax communications service
Using Telestax, communications service providers could allow their business consumers to send and receive SMS texts using the Microsoft Teams application. It will also enable monitoring and managing the enterprise message count, usage, and mappings count—the alternatives to Bring Your Own Carrier (BYOC) help providers to ensure quality and expand services.
Telestax Message Exchange features for Microsoft Teams
- Bring Your Own Carrier – gives providers an option to use their SMS-enabled numbers.
- Intuitive management console – handles mappings from a user-friendly interface that supports mobile screens and can be translated locally.
- Call record access – analyzes call data records to determine charges.
- Phone number provisioning – SMS allows any present number in Canada or the US to leverage direct routing to offer SMS on top of SIP trunking.