- AMAX designed an all-new 2U 4-Node Density Optimized Server (ServMax AE-2484L) for single-phase immersion cooling.
- The 2U 4-Node density optimized server is developed to address data center challenges.
New server – ServMax AE-2484L
AMAX’s HPC and AI Solutions Group publicized its new server called ServMax AE-2484L. ServMax AE-2484L is a 2U 4 Node Dual AMD EPYC Processor density optimized server for immersion cooling. It also enhances Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) by reducing server power usage by about 20% while featuring the maximum CPU compute density in its form factor. With the help of a high-density immersion cooling solution, AMAX plans to reduce data center energy consumption.
The 2U 4-Node density optimized server is developed to address data center challenges that focus on constraints such as:
- Handling of increasingly demanding to compute requirements (HPC and artificial intelligence (AI) workloads)
- Availability and cost of power
AMAX offers scalable computing designs, integration into liquid immersion cooling systems, and architects’ proof of concepts to boost the acceptance of immersion cooling technology.
ServMax AE-2484L for liquid immersion offers the highest CPU density configuration. The 2U 4-Node server meets and outstrips maximum density needs while providing and lt;1.05 PUE, 10–20% server load reduction coupled with an average power reduction of about 50%, and a drop in cooling energy costs up to 95%.
AMAX’s ServMax AE-2484L, designed for immersion cooling system, is ideal for data centers supporting:
- Compute Intensive Applications
- High-Performance Computing (HPC)
- Financial Analysis
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- High-Frequency Trading (HFT)
- Cloud/On-Premises Data Centers
ServMax AE-2484L supports:
- Maximum up to 4 TB of memory per node with 16 TB DDR4 memory per 2U chassis
- Supports up to four half-widths, dual-socket high-performance computing nodes in a 2U immersion cooling chassis
- Compatible with next-generation AMD Milan processors
- Supports two AMD EPYCTM 7002 series processors family per node, with up to 512 cores per 2U chassis
When implemented with immersion cooling, the ServMax AE-2484L allows data center operators to “rack and stack” more servers to manage the processing load the site needs.
ServMax AE-2484L, when combined with an immersion cooling system, offers the significant cost-savings potential of developing, running, and expanding data center while delivering an across-the-board enhancement in rack density, cooling capacity, performance, location options, and data center layout.